Who can benefit from intensive therapy?
- Sex/porn addiction
- Individuals looking to understand the origin of their dysfunctional behavior
Participants in the Three-Day Intensive can come from anywhere in the USA or the world!
- If you are not from the Dallas area then you can get the jumpstart you are looking for and I will refer you to someone in your area to continue your therapy.
- If you are working with a therapist in the DFW area I can work with them to coordinate the Three-Day Intensive with the work you will continue to do with them. I do traditional individual or couples therapy with about 10-20% of the participants in the Three-Day Intensive program, the rest go back to their home city to work with someone there or back to their local therapist in the DFW area.
This is not a three day cure! There is no three day, three week, or three month cure. If you are looking for an EASY fix, this is not it! This program is not for everyone.
MenWhat does it feel like to be a man of integrity? The secrets that have bound you and the shame from your acting out will begin to be lifted. You will be taught all of the tools necessary for you to be able to leave all of your acting out behaviors behind permanently. Whether you do that permanently depends on how committed you are to this process and to recovery.
PartnersYou are NOT a co-addict or codependent! This trauma happened to you, not because of you. The Three-Day Intensive approach uses the trauma model and not the co-addict or codependent model. One of the goals is to help you deal with the strong emotions and pain you feel resulting from the trauma you have experienced.
CouplesA unique part of the program is that the husband will be shown how to be a part of the healing process with your wife. I don't know of another program that does this. You cannot heal your wife, but you can help create the environment where healing can occur. Also, a foundation will be started upon which trust can be rebuilt in the relationship, and a process will be taught for how to continue the rebuilding of trust at home.
What to expect
You are requested to:
- Leave cell phones, pagers, laptops, and other electronic devices at home.
- Refrain from conducting business during the duration of the intensive.
- Limit phone calls to one per day to check in with family.
- Not to drink alcohol for the thirty days preceding the intensive.
- Refrain from all alcohol use during the intensive.
- Not watch television during the intensive. Some clients even request the hotel to remove their television during their stay.